Social Sciences is home to the academic disciplines of Economics, History, Political Science, and Geography as well as interdisciplinary programs.
The Department of Social Sciences is home to the Economics, History, and Political Science disciplines; interdisciplinary programs in Urban & Regional Studies, Community Change Studies and Social Studies; a master’s degree program in Public Administration; and Geography unit. Supplementing these academic areas are various internship opportunities for students through our Public Affairs, Economics and Ottawa Internship Programs. The Social Sciences Department also hosts an ongoing Research Colloquium and a Mid-East Lecture Series. These diverse opportunities share a focus on the forces that have been affecting human individuals and groups in an ever-changing and increasingly complex world.
Internships & Co-ops
The Social Science department offers the following internship opportunities. Urban and Regional Studies also offers the URST Internship, which appears in the course schedule as URST 485. It offers students field experiences with businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Student Services & Facilities
- There are tables and chairs in an open setting on the first floor.
- There is a quiet study area on the second floor of the building, room 2220 SSB. The study room has several computer stations and a U-Print release station.
- On the second floor chairs are arranged in an open, informal setting.
- There is a vending room to the right of the stairway.
- Click here for information on the Writing Center.