Students presenting at the Showcase must:
- Be an undergraduate in the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters at UM-Dearborn.
- Have a faculty mentor's approval to present.
- Complete a Presentation Form.
Prior to completing the student presenter form, students should consult with their faculty mentors and prepare an abstract of no more than 250 words describing the work to be presented. Abstracts that exceed this length will be rejected, as will presentations that have no faculty mentor. Where a group project is involved, only one presentation proposal form needs to be completed; all names need to be included on that single form.
Poster Presentation Details
Posters sizes should not exceed 42" x 52". During your poster presentation session, you will need to stand close enough to your poster to discuss it as others pass by. It is also recommended that presenters distribute hard copies of the research, summaries, or additional information.
You have a choice of two poster display options:
- Tri-fold “stand-alone” poster board, which will be positioned on a table-top.
- Wall for mounting pre-set posters — either portrait or landscape orientation. (maximum poster dimension: 42” x 52”)