Welcome to the Science Learning Center at University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Located in the Science Building Computing Wing (CW), room 1143, the Science Learning Center is here to help all students succeed in science courses and laboratories.
Fall and Winter Term Hours
Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM, while classes are in session.
Spring Recess Hours:
Open M 2/26 10 AM - 4 PM
Closed 2/27 - 3/2
We are here to help you:
Learn essential mathematical, graphing and laboratory skills before you need them in class. This ensures that all science students have the same opportunity for success in science courses regardless of educational background.
Practice using laboratory instruments at your own pace before you use them in lab. This allows you to spend laboratory time efficiently, and ensures that you can safely work with sensitive and expensive equipment.
How to complete assigned modules:
- Check modules and due dates for your courses.
- Start early! Avoid long waits on the due dates.
- Review the modules online before visiting the Science Learning Center.
- For all modules, come in to the Science Learning Center (1143 SBCW) to complete a post-test.
- For most modules you can drop in any time. You’ll need to schedule an appointment to complete the following modules:
- Chemical Nomenclature
- Transformations of Exponential Equations
- pH Meter
- Digital Multimeter
- To schedule an appointment, login to umdearborn.campus.eab.com, then click the "Tutoring/Learning Center Services" button and follow the prompts. Choose "Science Learning Center" and the module you need to complete. (See detailed instructions below.)
- If you have any questions at all, visit the Science Learning Center (1143 SBCW), where our trained student assistants are ready to help you!
- Go to https://umdearborn.campus.eab.com/
- Enter your UM uniqname and password
- Click on "Tutoring / Learning Center Services"
- Select "Science Learning Center"
- Select the module for which you want to make an appointment, then click "Next"
- For "Preferred Location", select "Science Learning Center", then click "Next"
- Select your preferred date and time, then click "Next"
- Click "Confirm Appointment"