CECS Online Overview
CECS Online courses allow students to coordinate education with the demands and priorities of their personal and professional lives. Most CECS graduate programs and many graduate certificate programs can be completed online. CECS Online courses are offered asynchronously, providing the flexibility that students require. Most courses also have optional, synchronous office hours. Online courses offer the same quality and academic rigor of campus-based courses. Students who complete degree requirements online are conferred the same academic degrees as students who attend courses on campus.
Online students receive the same course content, and are assigned the same coursework and examinations (which may require proctoring) and must meet designated deadlines and due dates. Students can interact with the instructor and other students via chat, email, discussion boards, and web-based conferencing tools. Although no regular on-campus attendance is required, some courses may require campus presence for examination proctoring or lab sessions that will be announced in advance.
Am I An Online Learner?
A successful online student will:
- Be an independent, motivated, self-learner
- Be self-disciplined and able to organize and prioritize workload to meet required deadlines
- Understand and abide by the concepts of academic integrity
- Have regular access to a reliable computer or laptop with a high speed internet connection
- Have a working webcam and microphone
- Have the ability to scan and upload documents and images
- Be proficient with computer usage and understand basic terminology and processes