Thinking About Transferring to CECS?

Utilize our transfer guides for a smooth transition into the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS)! Transfer guides provide a digital tool for students who are enrolled in any of several local community colleges.

Are you a current UM-Dearborn student looking to transfer into CECS?

UM-Dearborn students from other academic colleges are welcome to schedule an appointment with a CECS advisor to learn more about our programs. To apply to CECS, current UM-Dearborn students need to submit a Change of Degree form to their current college.


Admission Requirements for cross-campus transfers:

  • Combined 2.75 GPA from UM-Dearborn and transferred coursework (if any) 

  • Completion of Calculus II (Math 116) with a grade of 'C' or higher

  • A declared major within CECS (note: we do not allow students to declare "engineering undecided" as their major) 

Need to send us your transcripts?

Current CECS students who have taken courses outside of UM-Dearborn must have their official transcripts sent to us upon completion of the course. You can send electronic transcripts directly to CECS at

Advising and Academic Success

Engineering Lab Building (ELB)
Back to top of page