We're excited that you're interested in our programs and sharing your opportunities with CECS students. We welcome every opportunity to facilitate that connection through internships, co-ops, career events, information sessions, on-campus recruitment and career development programming.
How to Meet and Recruit Engineering & Computer Science Students
First create company profile on Symplicity CAREER CONNECTIONS
- Post jobs, internships, and co-ops
- Collect resumes from interested candidates
- Request on-campus interview dates
Company Presence on Campus & Recruiting Options
On-campus recruiting is an important tool for promoting your brand and company. There a many ways your company can build an ongoing relationship with CECS, faculty and students. Companies are encourages to participate in career fairs, company days, information sessions and other events on campus.
Participate in annual events: CECS Industry Spotlight & Co-op/Internship Career Fair
Request & host a Company Day, Informational Sessions or Tech Talks on-campus
Participate in campus Mock Interviews
Sponsor or meet with CECS Student Organization(s) or Club(s)
Host a Company Tour at your facility for students
Request Company Day, Info Session or Tech Talk on Campus
When can students start their co-op/internship?
Our students are available all year around for either full-time, part-time or for direct hire.
- Co-op terms commence in September, January and May. Each term is 4 months in length.
- Students participate in co-op throughout the whole year (usually rotating academics with co-op).
- Students are actively encouraged to complete multiple terms of co-op.
- All co-ops are paid experiences (pay is determined by employer).
- Co-ops/internships can be full or part time.
- The opportunity to receive degree credit for full-time is optional for students.
Once A Student Is Hired
- Follow company protocol for new employee
- Determine and/or Identify Student Supervisor
- Notify our office of hired student(s) at either: 313-593-5145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete Mid-term and Final Evaluations of student performance