The Benefits of Experiential Learning
Experiential learning is the process of "learning through experience." There are many opportunities for students to gain hands-on & real world experience on campus. Your experiential learning may include:
|Internships or Co-ops||Academic projects|
|Research opportunities||Part-time employment|
|Student organizations||Volunteer experience|
The CECS Experiential Learning Office offers many student services and resources to assist you with your interest in experiential learning and career development.
Stop in the office or contact us for assistance and support take advantage of the many resources available to you.
Student Services Offered
- Writing a "Winning" Resume & Resume Review
- Job Search Techniques
- Interviewing Tips
- Mock Interviews
- Handling Job Offers
- Career Fair Strategies
- Networking Techniques
- Helping you determine your best Experiential Learning Option (Degree Credit, Additive Credit or Self Reporting)
- Workshops on various Career Development Topics
- Experiential Learning Program and Talent Gateway options
Take control of your career!
Seek a Full-Time, Co-op or Internship? The first step is to create your profile and upload your resume onto Career Connections is a university wide JOB BOARD, that you can use to search for opportunities, research employers, upload your resume and much more.
Ace the Interview
Congratulations, on your upcoming interview. To be successful and earn that job, remember the following:
- Research, Research, and more Research - Learn everything you can about the position, employer and their services
- Practice, Practice and more Practice Interviewing
- Plan Ahead - Prepare questions for the interviewer(s) as if you are interviewing the company
*Download the job search log to document and record your research: employer applications, interviews, contacts and websites.
*****Also click the "Action Buttons" below to follow links for interviewing resources.
Engineering/Technology Contract Companies
Contracting companies match employers with on-the-hunt employees like you! Connect with third-party contracting companies that will help place you into a temporary or permanent position within your field of study. Here is a list of staffing companies to assist you in your job hunt.