The Master of Arts in Educational Technology prepares educators to meet the needs of the digital learner.
The Master of Arts in Educational Technology program is designed for educators, instructional designers, professional trainers and instructors of adult learners interested in developing expertise in the effective use of various forms of educational technology in teaching and learning. The program can be completed fully online and offers professionals advanced knowledge in a broad range of educational technologies. In addition, students will learn how to integrate technology across the curriculum in face-to-face, hybrid and online settings. Individuals who teach in K-12 schools, colleges and universities, private industry and other instructional settings will find this program useful for increasing their overall effectiveness in the field of educational technology and their ability to utilize proven pedagogical practices.
- Fundamental knowledge: Develop expertise in a variety of different technologies designed for use in instructional settings.
- Technology integration and instructional design: Utilize best practices of instructional design to create a broad range of technology-enhanced learning activities.
- Online teaching/learning practices: Become proficient in the effective design of online instructional activities.
- Professional growth and leadership: Engage in ongoing professional growth in the area of educational technology. Assume leadership roles in technology planning, training and development within relevant organizations.
Students must submit the follow items with their application. The GRE is not required for admission to this program. The Office of International Affairs lists additional admission requirements for international students.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- 3.0 GPA or higher on submitted transcripts
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Valid state of Michigan teaching certificate if seeking the Educational Technology endorsement
Before exiting from the M.A. in Educational Technology, you need to complete three steps:
Prior to your last semester in the program, contact the program director with your UMID# requesting an Exit Audit. The audit verifies your pending completion of all course requirements and is required for graduation.
The purpose of this essay is to assist the College of Education, Health, and Human Services with the evaluation of the master’s degree program and to serve as a guide for program development. The Exit Essay is a requirement for completion of the program. Submit the exit form.
Stein Brunvand, Ph.D.
313-583-6415, D7 FCS
Mesut Duran, Ph.D.
313-593-0981, D21 FCS