The Master of Arts in Educational Technology is an online program prepares educators to meet the needs of the digital learner.
The Master of Arts in Educational Technology program is designed for educators, instructional designers, professional trainers and instructors of adult learners interested in developing expertise in the effective use of various forms of educational technology in teaching and learning. The program can be completed fully online and offers professionals advanced knowledge in a broad range of educational technologies. In addition, students will learn how to integrate technology across the curriculum in face-to-face, hybrid and online settings. Individuals who teach in K-12 schools, colleges and universities, private industry and other instructional settings will find this program useful for increasing their overall effectiveness in the field of educational technology and their ability to utilize proven pedagogical practices.
What will I Learn?
- Fundamental knowledge: Develop expertise in a variety of different technologies designed for use in instructional settings.
- Technology integration and instructional design: Utilize best practices of instructional design to create a broad range of technology-enhanced learning activities.
- Online teaching/learning practices: Become proficient in the effective design of online instructional activities.
- Professional growth and leadership: Engage in ongoing professional growth in the area of educational technology. Assume leadership roles in technology planning, training and development within relevant organizations.
Visit the University Catalog to learn more about required coursework for the M.A. in Educational Technology.
Students must submit the follow items with their application. The GRE is not required for admission to this program. The Office of International Affairs lists additional admission requirements for international students.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- 3.0 GPA or higher on submitted transcripts
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Valid state of Michigan teaching certificate if seeking the Educational Technology endorsement
Before exiting from the M.A. in Educational Technology, you need to complete two steps:
The purpose of this survey is to assist the College of Education, Health, and Human Services with the evaluation of the master’s degree program and to serve as a guide for program development. The Exit Survey is a requirement for completion of the program. Submit the exit survey.
Department Contact Information
Stein Brunvand, Ph.D.
313-583-6415, D7 FCS