Birth to Kindergarten Education (Grade Band)
Focus on early intervention and relationship development to give children a healthy start in education.
Research shows that experiences and development in the first three years of a child’s life lays the foundation for future capacity to learn and cultivate relationships. Students who pursue the B.A. in Birth to Kindergarten Education become experts in child development and have the ability to positively impact this important stage in children’s lives.
What will I Learn?
Candidates for certification in Birth-Kindergarten Education will be:
- Knowledgeable in child development and identifying delays.
- Knowledgeable and practice in early intervention strategies.
- Capable of translating pedagogical knowledge into practice.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA overall and in major
- Minimum 120 credit hours
- Completion of general education, major, and upper level credit requirements
CEHHS Office for Student Success
262 Fairlane Center South (FCS)