- English Language Proficiency: at least 80% on a University-administered English language proficiency test, 80 on the Internet-Based TOEFL, 6.5 on the IELTS, or 80 on the MELAB. Scores must be less than two years old.
- Grade Point Average: students must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 70 (out of 100).
- Application Deadline: materials must usually be received by May 1 for September admission.
- We encourage students with business and non-business majors to apply for this program.
- After successful completion of the bachelor's degree, students are eligible to apply for admission to the Master's Program.
How to Apply
Please ask the international program coordinator at your home university to inform the College of Business that your home university recommends you for admission.
Use your name as stated on your passport when completing the application.
Gather the required documents, including a copy of the photo page of your passport, official copies of your English proficiency test results, and official college/university transcripts.
Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be provided. Academic records provided must show the course work completed and grades or test scores earned. If your institution issues individual marksheets or gradesheets, we require official, individual marksheets or gradesheets for all semesters. An official transcript is securely sent directly from the institution via their approved means or received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution, bearing the institutional seal and the official signature of the Registrar or Recorder of Records. (Notarized copies are not considered official.)
In cases where the original document is in a language other than English, a version in the original language AND an official English language translation must be provided.
College of Business, UM-Dearborn
Student Services -- Suite 168
19000 Hubbard Drive
Dearborn, MI 48126-2638
Attn: 3+2 applications
An academic advisor from the College of Business will email program participants during the summer to help with course planning and registration.
Before entry to the United States is possible, international students must obtain an F-1 or J-1 student visa.