Regardless of your career path or stage, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on or with project teams.
Organizations with standardized practices attain better results, as shown in the 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report. Because the CAPM recognizes your knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, you’ll stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
Project management is a rapidly growing profession. Through 2020, 1.57 million new jobs will be created each year and qualified practitioners are in demand. With the CAPM®, you’ll be on the fast track to opportunity.
A workshop is offered to help students prepare for the exam. The workshop does not make any guarantee that you will pass the exam. Even after the workshop is complete students are encouraged to spend a significant amount of time and effort in continuing their study prior to the CAPM exam.
"Students that have gone the extra mile with obtaining their CAPM shows that they are dedicated to the career of project management and that sticks out in a recruiters mind. " -Arlynn Dailey ICMC Relationship Manager
Offered through course: BA 320
- In order to participate in the workshop students must sign a pledge to take the CAPM exam within four months of completing the class.
- Once registered, students must attend all sessions; dropping the workshop prevents students from taking the program again.
- Students are responsible for the cost of the workshops materials, joining the Project Management Institute, and the cost of the initial exam as well as any costs associated with re-taking the exam.
- Only offered once a year.
- Consists of two consecutive Saturdays and a half day recap that takes place in the evening (on a week night).
Who should apply?
Students from any major that wish to differentiate themselves in the job market. If you’d like to manage larger projects and gain more responsibility or add project management skills into your current role, then the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is right for you.
Patrick Keyes: email@example.com
Department of Management Studies
College of Business
University of Michigan-Dearborn