COVID Weekly Update 1/28/22
January 28, 2022
The number of faculty, staff, and students who have reported positive cases continues to head downward and we still have no reports of spread on campus.
Dear Colleagues and Students,
We continue to see improvement and have encouraging news to share regarding the state of the pandemic on campus. The number of faculty, staff, and students who have reported positive cases continues to head downward and we still have no reports of spread on campus. We should all feel pride in our efforts to keep our community safe. As a reminder, you can track weekly COVID data on the university dashboard.
Please find below a few important reminders regarding our mitigation efforts to keep our campus safe.
- Boosters, testing, and masks available at the University Center
- Please upload your booster shot validation by February 4, or when eligible. Booster shots are available free of charge at the University Center clinic, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7:30 am-6:30 pm. Information about compliance will be shared by Human Resources or the Dean of Students shortly after this date.
- COVID tests are also available free of charge to all students, faculty, and staff during clinic hours regardless of your vaccination or exemption status. If you believe you have COVID or if you are experiencing any COVID-related symptoms, please do not come to campus; find an off-site testing center.
- KN95 and surgical masks are available, free of charge, at the information desk in the University Center and in the Deans’ suites at the Fairlane Center. Surgical masks are also available at the following locations across campus: Human Resources, CSS Reception Desk, Mardigian Library, CASL Advising Office, Career Services, and College Deans' Offices.
- Free at-home tests
- Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order free at-home COVID tests. You can order free tests at this website.
- Reporting of positive COVID results
- Students should report positive COVID illness to DearbornCOVIDsupport@umich.edu or call 313-593-5056. Students should also inform their professors if they are going to miss class.
- Faculty or staff members who test positive for COVID, are required to contact the Office of Human Resources at 313-593-5190 or email@example.com. Faculty members should let their chair know and discuss the possibility of moving classes online for the duration of the quarantine. Staff members should also inform their supervisor.
Be Kind - Be Safe - Stay Warm - Go Blue - Go Dearborn!
Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs
Dean of Students