EHS is responsible for the collection and recycling of bulbs generated in buildings across campus.
Proper management of bulbs is essential to protect human health and the environment. EHS can assist generators in developing a waste management plan to address collection and recycling of bulbs.
All types and sizes of bulbs are accepted by EHS. Under no circumstances should any bulb be discarded into the general trash.
- Provide guidance and training to generators to ensure the bulbs are being managed in a manner that is compliant with State and Federal regulations.
- Ship bulbs from accumulation areas in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
- Arrange for the shipment of bulbs to a licensed recycling facility.
- Maintain records of all shipments of bulbs.
- Maintain permits and licenses necessary for bulb management and transportation.
- Serve as a liaison for regulatory staff during compliance inspections.
- Provide generators with a selection of waste containers and labels.
- Perform compliance audits of waste vendors to ensure adherence with University contract terms and conformance with State and Federal waste regulations.