Seasonal Nature Explorations
Nature changes every day. Depending on the season, plants grow and die, animals migrate or hibernate, and some completely change their behavior based on the weather. This program allows participants to explore natural habitats and to discover how different plants and animals respond to the seasons.
Grade Levels, Program Length, and Season
- Appropriate for Grade Levels Pre-K-8
- This program lasts l ½ to 2 hours, and can be adapted to suit the needs of your group
- The program is offered year-round
Program Description and Activities
Your students will be engaged in a multifaceted program experience that may include:
- Using their senses to discover evidence of plant and animal activity.
- Becoming more comfortable in a natural setting while learning some of the techniques of wildlife observation.
- Connecting the season to the activities of wildlife encountered.
- Developing a sense of inquiry and wonder about the natural world.
- Becoming more knowledgeable about the wildlife and habitats of their local area.
- Making the connections between the Henry Ford Estate and Henry Ford’s interest in nature preservation.
- Making real-world connections to various science terms and concepts taught in the classroom at various grade levels.