Examples of past projects include:
High School Projects in the Environmental Study Area:
- Monitoring diversity and abundance of macroinvertebrates at the Rose Garden Pond.
- Analyzing local floral pollen sources utilized by the Western Honey Bee (Apis mellifera) at the campus honeybee hives.
- Surveying population densities, sex ratios, and distribution of the Eastern Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis).
- Sensing and measuring the electrical currents emanating from a variety of deciduous trees species.
University Student Projects:
- Augmenting management plans for historical landscapes with GIS: a case study of Henry Ford's Fairlane Lake
- Conducting a species inventory and geospatial mapping of deciduous forest trees.
- Estimating population densities and mapping the distribution of the invasive Common Buckthorn (Rhamnus cathartica).
- Monitoring diversity and abundance of turtles in Fairlane Lake.
- Assessing impacts of the invasive weed garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata) on native plant diversity.
- Guide to Rose Garden Pond Insects