CASL Faculty Research Slam
Thursday, October 28, 2021
3 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Join us for the 7th annual CASL Faculty Research Slam
Thursday, October 28 ... 3:00-4:30 p.m. via Zoom webinar. To attend, register through the RSVP link.
Below is the list of faculty scheduled to present in seven minute formats. Click on presentation titles to view abstracts of the talks.
- 3:05-3:12 pm: Bill DeGenaro (Composition and Rhetoric): The Bad Speller: Error, Satire, and Ridicule
- 3:14-3:21 pm: Michelle Leonard (Psychology): Coupling with COVID
- 3:23-3:30 pm: Elena Zhang (Neurobiology): The temporal and spatial correlation of amyloid-β, tau pathology and ER stress in a pediatric traumatic brain injury model
- 3:32-3:39 pm: Deborah Smith Pollard (English Literature and Humanities): All I See Is Your Booty and Cleavage’: Sex and the Contemporary Gospel Song
- 3:42-3:49 pm: Jorge Gonzalez del Pozo (Spanish): Spanish Food: The Quest for Identity in a Globalized World
- 3:51-3:58 pm: Ulrich Kamp (Earth and Environment): The Shippee-Johnson Peruvian Expedition of 1931: Mapping Glacier Recession Through the Lens of Repeat Images
- 4:00-4:07 pm: Jamie Wraight (History): Reconstructing Chelmno: An Exercise In Historical Representation and Recreation
- 4:09-4:16 pm: Kriszta Sajber (Philosophy): Patient Autonomy and The Ethics of Vaccination
- 4:18-4:25 pm: Margaret Murray (Communication): Calm in the Storm: Emily Oster’s Parenting Newsletter during COVID-19
4:25-4:30: Closing Remarks