Does Gender Difference Lead to Different Professional Experiences for Iran Specialists in American Academia?
You are invited to the Fall 2020 Social Sciences Research Colloquium!
Julio Borquez, associate professor of political science, and Camron Amin, professor of history, will present Does Gender Difference Lead to Different Professional Experiences for Iran Specialists in American Academia?
via Zoom: https://umich.zoom.us/j/97247130337
Findings they will share:
• Women were more likely to be of junior rank or graduate students (and are attracted to different disciplines than men).
• Women were more likely than men to feel that gender identity influenced their professional milestones.
• Women were more likely than men to list the desire for social impact as a professional motivation.
• Women tended to feel less sanguine about the state of their careers, their professional environment, their career prospects, and the state of the Iranian Studies as a field.
• Some of these attitudes varied depending on the Iranian/Iranian-American/American identifier, and some held true to the same degree across those additional identifiers.
This will be a flipped presentation — you’ll be able to watch their pre-recorded presentation in advance, then you’ll join in with questions about their work.