UM-Dearborn — Flint Collaborative Research Series: Lightning Talks in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Cognition, Learning and Communication
UM-Dearborn and Flint Faculty are invited to the 2023 UM-Dearborn – UM-Flint Collaborative Research Series hosted by the University of Michigan Dearborn Office of Research and the University of Michigan Flint Office of Research & Economic Development.
TheThe series’ three events include research lightning talks by faculty from both campuses and networking, to help participants find potential research collaborators. At the conclusion of the series, teams led by PIs from both campuses (one PI from Dearborn and one PI from Flint) will have an opportunity to apply for collaborative research grants ranging from $20,000 to $40,000. The award criteria will focus on developing cross-campus research collaborations with potential for external funding. View research profiles of potential collaborators. The grant guidelines and application portal are now available.
- February 24, 12-1:30pm: Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Cognition, Learning and Communication
Lightning Talks Speakers:
- Bochen Jia, Associate Professor of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, UM-Dearborn
- Jeffrey Yackley, Assistant Professor of Information Technology and Informatics, UM-Flint
- Marie Waung, Professor of Psychology, UM-Dearborn
- Jeyoung (Jenny) Oh, Assistant Professor of Communication Studies, UM-Flint
- Feng Zhou, Assistant Professor of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, UM-Dearborn
- Syagnik Banerjee, Professor of Marketing, UM-Flint
- March 17, 12-1:30pm: Health, Engineering and Analytics
Lightning Talks Speakers:
- Alireza Mohammadi, Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UM-Dearborn
- Khalil Khanafer, Assistant Professor of Engineering, UM-Flint
- Mathumai Kanapathipillai, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, UM-Dearborn
- Charlotte Tang, Associate Professor of Computer Science, UM-Dearborn
- Antonios Koumpias, Assistant Professor of Economics, UM-Dearborn
- Amy Yorke, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy, UM-Flint
- March 24, 10-11:30am: Community Engaged Research, Equity, Education and Urban Living
Lightning Talks Speakers: TBA
Registration is free and required. Only registered participants will receive the events' call-in information.
The 2023 UM-Dearborn – UM-Flint Collaborative Research Initiative is made possible through the continued support of Chancellor Grasso and Chancellor Dutta.