UM-Dearborn – UM-Flint Collaborative Research & Networking Series: Educational Innovation, AI and Computer Science
Join Dearborn and Flint faculty on March 11, 2022, 12 - 1:30 PM for research lightning talks in the areas of Educational Innovation, AI and Computer Science and breakout sessions for further discussions among registered participants. Breakout sessions will be an opportunity for all participants to network with colleagues and share their own interests, research and questions related to the topic of Educational Innovation, AI and Computer Science.
Lightning talks presenters:
- Yunus Zeytuncu, Associate Professor, Mathematics and Statistics, UM-Dearborn
- Laura McLeman, Associate Professor, Mathematics, UM-Flint
- Zheng Song, Assistant Professor, Computer and Information Science, UM-Dearborn
- Shirl Donaldson, Assistant Professor, Innovation and Technology, UM-Flint
- Samir Rawashdeh, Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, UM-Dearborn
- Mark Allison, Associate Professor, Computer Science, UM-Flint
- Seong Hong, Professor, Early Childhood Education UM-Dearborn
(NOTE: available only to UM community & requires log in with UM credentials)
- Urban Arts & Culture and Sustainability Recording: January 28, 2022
- Health and Engineering Recording: February 18, 2022
- Educational Innovation, AI and Computer Science Recording: March 11, 2022
- Social Justice & Community Engagement: March 25, 2022
At the conclusion of the series, teams led by PIs from both campuses (one PI from Dearborn and one PI from Flint) will have an opportunity to apply for collaborative research grants ranging from $20,000 to $40,000. The award criteria will focus on developing cross-campus research collaborations with potential for external funding.
Attendance of one or more events is strongly encouraged but *not* required to apply for a grant. There are *no* topic limitations for this program- applications in all areas of research will be accepted. Research profiles of interested collaborators from both campuses is now available to view. Go to event registration for researcher profile upload instructions.
View here the UM-Dearborn – UM-Flint Collaborative Research Grants Program Guidelines. The program application window is January 28, 10 AM - April 25, 2022, 5:00 PM. Applications will be accepted via InfoReady.
Questions? Contact us at Dearborn-FlintCollaborativeResearch@umich.edu