Facilities Operations at the University of Michigan-Dearborn
The mission of Facilities Operations is to serve the University by developing, operating, maintaining, and renewing excellent campus environments for teaching, learning and research, leadership, working, and personal growth. We support the University's mission through the development of education, guidance, and partnerships that promote health, safety, and protection of the environment. We respect and appreciate each individual’s contribution in service to the University and its mission to positively impact the metropolitan community.
Our values are the building blocks for our Mission and Vision.
- Ethics: We operate on well-founded standards of right and wrong that prescribe what we should do.
- Integrity: We maintain an unwavering commitment to work within our common ethical framework, upholding our individual and common beliefs.
- Respect: We achieve shared success when we honor our individual strengths and contributions, respond in ways that demonstrate trust and trustworthiness, seek understanding, support the consensus of the team, and work to expand our common ground.
- Partnership: We each bring our individual perspectives, education, experience, and talents to the team. We are proud of our diverse workforce, broad knowledge base, teamwork, collaboration, and outstanding care for the assets entrusted to us.
- Balance: We are at our best when we combine hard work with time to regenerate, time for our careers with time with our families, intense focus with lighthearted humor, and sedentary time with healthy activity. When we have balance, we are more creative and productive, and our work is more pleasant and enjoyable.