Designing a new course?
Teaching online? Redesigning assignments, exams, lectures?
The Hub's Instructional Designers provide consultative support for UM-Dearborn faculty who are developing courses for online, hybrid, or face-to-face settings. Instructors desiring such support should submit a consultation request form below.
This service is designed to bring the faculty and our instructional design team together to collaborate on specific elements of a new or existing course. Our instructional designers, Dr. Belen Garcia, Dr. Alfonso Sintjago, or Autumm Caines can meet to discuss and assist with the following components of your teaching endeavor:
- Learning Objectives/Outcomes
- Content Organization
- Formative and Summative Assessments
- Multimedia Development
- Integration of Educational Technology Tools
- Interaction and Communication Strategies
- Plan: Consultation Request > Kick-off Meeting > Course Review
- Design: Course Blueprint > Learning Objectives/Activities/Assessments Redesign
- Build: Course Materials Development > Canvas Site Development> Pilot Review
- Run/Evaluate: Midterm/Final Evaluation > Course Revision Planning
Any full-time, part-time, tenured or non-tenured faculty members are eligible to request a course consultation.
TO REQUEST CONSULTATION
Please fill out the Hub Course Design Consultation request form. All of those who submit consultation requests will be notified about the status of their request within 10 business days of its submission.
TIMELINE FOR SERVICES
We recommend applying for consultation services no less than 8-12 weeks prior to the expected launch date of your proposed course. Consultation services will be scheduled around our instructional design team’s workload. Questions related to design and instruction should be addressed to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.