Designing a new course?
Teaching online? Redesigning assignments, exams, lectures?
The Hub's Instructional Designers provide consultative support for UM-Dearborn faculty who are developing courses for online, hybrid, or face-to-face settings. Instructors desiring such support should submit a consultation request form below.
This service is designed to bring the faculty and our instructional design team together to collaborate on specific elements of a new or existing course. Our instructional designers Autumm Caines, Belen Garcia, Jessica Riviere or Sarah Silverman can meet to discuss and assist with the following components of your teaching endeavor:
- Learning Objectives/Outcomes
- Content Organization
- Formative and Summative Assessments
- Multimedia Development
- Integration of Educational Technology Tools
- Interaction and Communication Strategies
- Plan: Consultation Request > Kick-off Meeting > Course Review
- Design: Course Blueprint > Learning Objectives/Activities/Assessments Redesign
- Build: Course Materials Development > Canvas Site Development> Pilot Review
- Run/Evaluate: Midterm/Final Evaluation > Course Revision Planning
Any full-time, part-time, tenured or non-tenured faculty members are eligible to request a course consultation.
TO REQUEST CONSULTATION
TIMELINE FOR SERVICES
We recommend applying for consultation services no less than 8-12 weeks prior to the expected launch date of your proposed course. Consultation services will be scheduled around our instructional design team’s workload.