Important updates from Human Resources
September 28, 2020
We want to make sure you have access to useful resources, including those from our colleagues in Human Resources. Join us at our monthly meetings to hear the latest HR updates from Rima, as well.
- Open Enrollment for 2021 benefits, October 19-30, 2020. During this time, you may make benefits changes through Wolverine Access Benefits Self-Service. All changes must be made by 5:00 p.m. on October 30. Changes and new rates take effect January 1, 2021.
COVID-19 Campus Update
- Go Safe – Go Blue – Go Dearborn!guidebook - If you haven’t already done so, check out the return to campus guidebook.
- University dashboard - UM-Dearborn now has a dashboard that allows the public to monitor COVID-19-related data for our campus.
- Face coverings - The CDC recently announced face coverings with exhale valves or vents do not prevent the spread of COVID-19. These types of face coverings are not permitted on campus. As a reminder, face coverings are available at the health screening entrances of all open academic buildings.
- Paid Time Off Information During COVID-19 Pandemic- Paid time off benefits under these programs support pandemic-related absences such as child care due to daycare closure or school operating virtually, lack of work, personal illness, quarantine or care of an ill or quarantined family member. (updated 8/11/2020)
- New Hire or Renewal I-9 form completion - The University is now completing I-9 forms in-person, by appointment only. For those employees who need to update/renew their I-9 forms or hire new student temporary employees, please have them send an email to HumanResourcesDearborn@umich.edu, and HR will work with them to set up an appointment and provide further instructions.
- Professional Development for Self - Below are a few short E-Learning videos to assist coping with change and keeping your resilience. Plus, as an added bonus, a goal setting video to provide tips on how to set and achieve goals.