An update from Staff Senate
As the end of his term approaches, Staff Senate Chairman Bryan Earl thanks the UM-Dearborn community for its resilience during the pandemic and shares Staff Senate news.
As I serve my last month as Staff Senate chair, I look back on all the resilience and dedication our staff have shown to the UM-Dearborn campus community.
Pandemics, floods, toilet paper shortages — we have seen it all and worked through it together. Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do to keep our campus going. I also want to thank the over 100 people who have joined at least one of our meetings within the past year. We will continue to have our Staff Senate meetings via Zoom to accommodate more staff.
The results of the Staff Senate's latest election are in and we are very excited to welcome our new leaders and welcome some seasoned veterans back. Here are the highlights:
• When Sarah Dorchak returns from maternity leave in August, she will assume the chair role. Congratulations Sarah, and thank you for your service!
• Additional officers and council members for the 2021-22 academic year are: Rachel Buzzeo as vice chair, Eva Gogola as secretary, Mary Jones as communications coordinator, and Sheryl Kubiak as parliamentarian. Winston Cannon was voted onto council as an at-large member.
• Welcome aboard new Senators Mary Jones from CECS and Becky Dresselhouse-Nauss from CEHHS.
• Welcome back, Rachel Buzzeo and Belinda Soliz from CASL.
• Thank you for your service to Staff Senate, Caitlin Parker. We will miss you on campus and so will our students. Best wishes.
We are committed to supporting our staff on campus. We are working with campus partners to work out lunches for staff throughout the fall, continuing our outstanding professional development series, and starting to plan events that will once again bring us back together. We have heard that many of us have met a lot of new people through the remote working environment, but we are looking forward to being together on campus again. Stay safe and have an enjoyable, relaxing summer!