Fall Semester Update
Stay informed and read these important financial aid updates for Fall 2023.
Important Fall Start-Up Dates
|1st Fall 2023 Disbursement of Funds||2nd Fall 2023 Disbursement of Funds||Last Day to add/drop courses with no penalty||Tuition is due for Fall 2023 term|
*Regular disbursements occur every Monday and Thursday.
- Most scholarships and grants are based on Full-time enrollment (12 or more credits for undergraduate students and 6 or more credits for graduate students).
- Students enrolled at least half-time (UG- 6 credits, GR- 4 credits) can now expect loans to be disbursed on 8/21/23 pending all disbursement requirements being met.
- Offered aid will not disburse. Please review your aid offer through the Financial Aid & Scholarships Self-Service Portal.
- Students under Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) warning or on an Academic Plan review will not have funds disbursed until all grades from the prior term have been recorded.
- View more information on receiving aid.
- Refunds are processed through the Accounts Receivable Office. Students who elect for Direct Deposit will receive their funds within five business days. Refund checks can take up to 10 business days for you to receive in the mail.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Students must make satisfactory academic progress toward completion of a degree to remain eligible for financial aid. Federal regulations require the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to monitor the progress of each student toward their degree completion. Students who fall behind in their coursework or who fail to achieve minimum standards for grade point average and completion of classes may lose their eligibility for all types of federal, state, and university aid. If so, eligibility may be reinstated upon approval of a SAP Appeal via StudentForms.
New for 2023-24 - Scholarship Appeal and Deferment Form
A continuing student who was granted institutional scholarships and/or grants upon admission and is unable to utilize the award in an upcoming semester or academic year due to unforeseen circumstances may complete this form to request a scholarship deferment. This request can hold an academic scholarship for a maximum of two semesters. Only students who have completed at least one semester at UM-Dearborn may request a deferment.
If you’re a returning student who received institutional grants or scholarships upon admission but was unable to meet the renewal criteria, you can appeal to have your award reinstated by completing this form. Submitting this form does not guarantee approval. If you wish to appeal, it is important to do so as soon as possible and before the end of the semester you are appealing.
This form is available through our FA Forms Portal.