Join the 2022 Giving Blueday Student Video Contest
Each year the University of Michigan comes together for a 24-hour day of fundraising known as Giving Blueday. Our goal is to raise money for the causes that matter most to our students, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, and friends. This Giving Blueday, we’re inviting UM-Dearborn students to tell their own stories about why people should give to our campus on March 16, 2022.
Create a short video that explains what you love about UM-Dearborn and what donor support means to you. The winning video will be used to promote Giving Blueday online and on social media and the first-place winner will receive an iPad!
Read the full details, guidelines, and rules for your best shot at creating a winning video!
All video entries are due by December 15, 2021.
- 1st Place - Winner will receive an iPad and their video will be used to promote Giving Blueday at UM-Dearborn.
- 2nd Place - 2nd place winner will receive a $200 gift card to the M-Den.
- 3rd Place - 3rd place winner will receive a $100 gift card to the M-Den.
- Now-December 15, 2021 - Contest entries will be accepted.
- January 17, 2022 - Winner and runner-ups will be notified.
- February - Giving Blueday (3/16/22) video will be used in Giving Blueday promotion.
No one can tell your story like you can. Alumni and donors love to hear from students and are inspired by the amazing things you do so get creative!
Not sure where to start? Here are a few ideas:
- Tell a personal story to camera about what your education at UM-Dearborn means to you.
- Create a stop-motion animation
- Make an original music video
- Any other ideas are welcome!
- Be sure to state why YOU think donors should give to UM-Dearborn on Giving Blueday and that Giving Blueday is on March 16, 2022.
- Video should be shot in a landscape (horizontal) format and have good audio and visual quality.
- Video should be submitted as an .mp4 file using the submission link.
- Video must adhere to the Contest Rules and Eligibility below.
- UM-Dearborn (and the entire U-M) is a nonprofit institution.
- Donors support many causes including scholarships, the Student Food Pantry, study abroad programs, research, emergency student aid, co-ops and internships, and more.
- Every gift matters. Over 1,000 donors made gifts of $100 or less last year, totaling over $100,000.*
*Fiscal year 2021
- Last year, 300+ donors gave over $45,000 to our campus in just 24 hours for Giving Blueday 2021.
If you have any questions about donor support that will help you with your video, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be a current UM-Dearborn student to enter.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Video must be between 1-1:30 minutes in length.
- If including music in your video it needs to be original or you need to have the proper permissions to use it.
- No profanity, slurs, cursing, nudity, illegal activity, or references to drug or alcohol use (even if student is of legal drinking age).
- Any students who appear in the video or submit a video will have to complete this consent form stating that they give permission to appear in the video and understand that it will be shared publicly.
- All student prizes will be reported to the Office of Financial Aid per university policies SPG 501.12 and SPG 601.30.