Jaerock Kwon, Ph.D.
Biography and Education
Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, USA
M.Sc. in Electronic Communication Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
B.Sc. in Electronic Communication Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Teaching and Research
Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering
Awards and Recognition
- Faculty Research Fellowship, Development of Experimental Setup for Evaluating Vehicular Communication System (V2X), Kettering University, 2018.
- Provost’s Research Matching Fund, Development of Low-Cost Autonomous Vehicle Experimental Platform, Kettering University, 2017
- Outstanding Researcher Award, Kettering University, 2016 in recognition of significant contributions in the areas of Computational Neuroscience and Neurobotics.
- Faculty Research Fellowship, A Touch-Enabled Virtual Room for Scientific Data Exploration, Kettering University, 2015.
- Development of High-Throughput and High-Resolution Three-Dimensional Tissue Scanner with Internet-Connected 3D Virtual Microscope for Large-Scale Automated Histology (NSF Award No. ECCS-1337983, PI: Kwon) 2013 - 2017.
- Kettering University Innovation Fellow, 2013
- Oswald International Faculty Fellowships, Kettering University, 2010 - 2011.
- Travel Grant for IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 2007.
- SK Employee Award, MPR/S division, An Excellent Employee, SK Teletech, 2001.
- Graduate fellowship from LG Electronics Co., Ltd. (Two-year full-tuition), 1992 - 1993.
- Undergraduate fellowship from LG Electronics Co., Ltd. (Two-year full-tuition), 1990 - 1991
- Academic Merit Scholarship, 1988