Land, Life, and People: Making Connections
Program Length, Season and Appropriate Grade Levels
- This program lasts 4-1/2 hours, and can be adapted to suit your needs.
- The program is offered year–round.
- Appropriate for Grade Levels 7 –12.
Program Description and Activities
This program explores three components of the Earth’s surface environment— water, soil, and life—in the context of human land use decisions and environmental sustainability.
Your students will be engaged in a multifaceted program experience that may include:
- Examining aerial photographs of the surface of the earth and discussing how human activities and decisions have changed that landscape over time.
- Exploring the campus landscape in the context of human decision making.
- Observing examples of individual land use decisions.
- Observing and discussing collective land use decisions as reflected in the landscape at the University of Michigan – Dearborn.