Active U registration now open
Registration is now open for Active U, MHealthy’s 12-week physical activity challenge. Each year, thousands at U-M look forward to the program as motivation to set their New Year’s exercise goals and get moving with colleagues.
This year, participants will be able to spend more time moving and less time logging minutes thanks to the program’s new Fitbit integration.
Sign up for Active U as an individual or by joining or creating a team. Then, from Jan. 12 – Apr. 4, track exercise minutes in the program’s online tracker. Program highlights include:
- Map the distance to the Rio games: In celebration of the 2016 summer games in Rio, when participants add their minutes to Active U, the program will convert the minutes to miles and map the trek from Ann Arbor to Rio de Janeiro
- New mobile app: Coming soon
- Charity donation: Make an optional small donation to give to charities chosen by Active U participants
- Prizes: Opportunity to win prizes each week just for logging exercise minutes
- Active U T-shirt: Earn a 2016 T-shirt for successfully completing the program (free to employees and grad students; small fee for spouses/other qualified adults (OQAs), undergraduate students and retirees)
- MHealthy Rewards: Qualifying benefits-eligible faculty and staff have the opportunity to earn $100 for successfully completing both Active U and the MHealthy Rewards 2016 health questionnaire (health questionnaire will be available starting Jan. 12)
At the end of program, team standings in each of 14 divisions will be determined based on the highest percent of goal achieved.
Active U is open to all university faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students, retirees and employee spouses/OQAs. Tracking starts Jan. 12 and continues through April 4. Learn more and register at mhealthy.umich.edu/activeu.