National Society of Leadership and Success
Professional & Leadership Development
The NSLS is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at the University of Michigan- Dearborn was started in 2009. Our local chapter is part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members. Students are selected based on exemplary academic achievement. As of 2021, we have 1,906 members who have access to:
- More than $400,000 in scholarships.
- An exclusive NSLS job board.
- A personalized letter of recommendation.
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life.
If you become a member, some of the other benefits are:
- Learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama during exclusive Speaker Broadcasts.
- Meet new friends and make lifelong connections (on-campus and virtually).
- Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success.
- Access to private networking events.
Visit the NSLS website to learn more about and accept your nomination.
If you have any other questions, visit nsls.org to chat with a team member or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about your local chapter at UM-Dearborn, please email the chapter advisor, Jen Macleod (email@example.com).
- NSLS Community Service Form
- NSLS Professional Development Form
- National Society of Leadership & Success Scholarships and Awards
- National Society of Leadership & Success Program Requirements
UM-Dearborn Student Outcomes 2019:
67 Students completed the 2019 program year and were Inducted in the Fall 2019!
- 100% of Students at the induction ceremony said they would recommend NSLS to a friend*
- 88% of Students at the induction ceremony felt NSLS contributed to their academic success*
- 82% of Inducted Students participated as a volunteer in a community service event or initiative (with over 350 combined hours!)
- 88% of Inducted Students participated in a professional development event or experience
*43 students completed the induction survey Fall 2019
- "What I most enjoyed about the program was the open encouragement offered by fellow-members, the NSLS advisors, and speakers, in support of my goals. Prior to NSLS, I often felt alone in regards to my aspirations and along my road to success. However, amazingly, with NSLS, I no longer felt that my goals were too lofty, because NSLS actually encourages lofty goals and provided the support and an easier road to reach them"
- "My most positive experiences with the society were getting to know other students on campus, getting feedback from them and giving them feedback. Being able to hear different speakers was interesting as well. Every experience was a positive one with the society."
19000 Hubbard Drive
Dearborn, MI 48126
View on Map