Assessment Week 2023
Want insights on how to approach assessment right now? Have questions about assessment? Need a refresher on the NEW Program Assessment template? Join Assessment week during March 10 - 15, 2023!
Assessment Week has you covered with both synchronous and asynchronous content:
- Engage in conversations about updates to the Program Assessment report template
- Attend interactive sessions to explore data collected through DDC Assessment
- Browse through online resources, examples, and tools
Schedule of Events:
|Humanities & the Arts DDC Sessions||Program Assessment Template Workshop||Open Question Time (QT)|
|Zoom on Friday, Mar 10, 11-12:30pm||Zoom on Monday, Mar. 13, 11-12:30pm||Zoom, Wednesday, Mar. 15, 12-1pm|
|In Person on Tuesday, Mar 14, 11-12:30pm|
Register for virtual and/or in person sessions:
Explore Asynchronous Materials:
Assessment grants are available to provide your program with the resources to move forward with your assessment goals. Many programs have already used assessment grants to re-design shared assessment tools, gather and analyze assessment data on specific aspects of their programs, design protocols for continuous assessment, and much more.
View the slide presentation here.
- Overview of assessment coordinator role
- Review assessment planning and reporting schedule
- Explore best practices for program assessment methods for the campus and in each college
Explore the following presentations from The Gardner Institute's Teaching and Learning Academy (TLA). Our campus has access to the TLA program through curriculum redesign projects - read more about the past and current projects here.
- Designing Active Learning Strategies -- Gardner Institute
- Inclusive Pedagogy -- Bryan Dewsbury and Joshua Caulkins
- Equity and Evidence Based Teaching Models -- Gardner Institute
- Imagining Learning Sanctuaries: A Key to Student Wellbeing -- Dr. Mays Imad
- 'Yes, but are they learning?' Designing assessments for student mastery -- Joshua Caulkins, Diane Cook, John Dewey
Explore the following materials and resources provided through our partnership with Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) and Hub for Teaching and Learning Affiliates. Reach out to Hub Affiliates Patrick Beauchesne (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Emily Luxon (email@example.com) with any questions about PBL and the ongoing work around campus.
Office of the Provost
4901 Evergreen Road
Dearborn, MI 48128
View on Map