Top Hat Monocle
Top Hat is a teaching response platform that helps instructors engage their students inside and outside the classroom. It is a software based “Clicker” and digital distribution platform which students access via their existing personal devices (phones, tablets, laptops). Through an approved vendor agreement with Top Hat, UM-Dearborn students receive a preferred pricing when purchasing Top Hat licenses starting in February 2019. Top Hat may be used within UM-Dearborn Canvas (preferred) or as a separate platform outside of Canvas.
- Turn students’ internet-connected devices into teaching tools—with Top Hat, there’s no need for additional hardware
- Take attendance effortlessly and accurately with location-based attendance technology (only students who are actually in class get counted).
- Engage your class in a more meaningful way—create polls, questions and discussions that encourage participation and conversation, and give you real-time feedback
- Create interactive homework that provides hints and feedback to help students master their course material.
The following three subscription options are available to UM-Dearborn students, and include all courses for which the student is registered during the subscription period:
|One Semester||One Year||Four Year|
Top Hat also offers free services to instructors to facilitate their use of Top Hat, including:
- One-on-one orientation to Top Hat with a trained Top Hat specialist
- Two meetings with an instructional designer from Top Hat
- Online guides and best practices.
To take advantage of these services or for any other Top Hat support needs, contact Justin Barreto (email@example.com)
To join your instructor's Top Hat course, follow the instructions in the Student Top Hat Quick Start guide.
- For help with any issues, contact Top Hat Support.