EHS COVID-19 Safety Information
Environmental Health and Safety at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is dedicated to the health and safety of our campus community, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to the many helpful guidelines and links below. If you have any questions, call our office at 313-593-6679.
University of Michigan COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Effective July 30, 2021
The University of Michigan’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement is an important and effective step to return to an in-person campus for Fall 2021 and to protect our community from COVID-19. All U-M faculty, staff, and students – including Michigan Medicine – are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, with limited exemptions. This policy is effective immediately across all three university campuses (Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint) and is subject to change as the pandemic and public health guidance continue to evolve. It will be regularly reviewed as public health guidance dictates.
UM Dearborn COVID-19 Safety Training
The University of Michigan has developed a COVID-19 safety training module to provide relevant safety and health information for all employees as they return to work. We encourage all faculty and staff who are returning to campus to take this course. The training module is available in My LINC, and accessible by clicking on the Training button below.
EHS and Facilities Operations COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 Workplace Planning
- COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan
EHS Resources for Research
- Cleaning & Disinfection Protocol for Prevention of COVID-19 in UM Laboratory Facilities
- EHS Checklist for Restarting Research Activities
- Sign - Lab Maximum Room Capacity
- COVID-19 HVAC Guidelines for University of Michigan-Dearborn Facilities
- UM-Dearborn Building Water Management During Periods of Low Occupancy
- MIOSHA COVID-19 Workplace Guidelines Employer's Guide for Workplace Safety and Health
- CDC Posters - Print Resources
- CDC Cleaning and Disinfection Decision Tool
- Wayne County Health Department
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak