Fake Ticket Incident
April 26, 2017
- On Wednesday, March 22 UM-Dearborn Police & Public Safety received numerous complaints regarding fake parking tickets (see below) that were placed on cars parked on campus. The determination to remove these leaflets was made by UM-Dearborn Police & Public due to their confusing and inflammatory nature.
- UM-Dearborn Police & Public Safety, the Equity, Civil Rights and Title IX Office and the Office of Enrollment Management and Student Life continue to work collaboratively to investigate the incident. At this time they have been unable to identify the specific individuals or organization responsible for distributing the leaflets. When/If this individual is identified he/she/the organization could face a code of conduct review or a Title IX bias incident.
- As a campus community UM-Dearborn has worked hard to build a welcoming and safe environment rooted in inclusion, respect and understanding.
- The University does not agree with or approve of the views expressed on the leaflets, nor do we approve of the manner in which they were distributed. UM-Dearborn prides itself on our inclusive campus community that encourages rigorous academic dialogue on a variety of topics.
- This summer the university will be reviewing its policy for campus fliers/posters and will be working with student leaders to ensure that they understand requirements and expectations.
Office of External Relations
Administration Building (AB)