Mission first - people always
Delivering a quality Michigan education and keeping the UM-Dearborn campus community safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic is the top priority for university leadership.
UM-Dearborn is currently tracking and sharing the following COVID-19 related data:
- COVID vaccination rates for faculty, staff and students
- COVID infection cases among faculty, staff and students
- COVID infection cases among staff and students at the Early Childhood Education Center
Campus Population Numbers
- Total number of faculty teaching on campus (Fall 2021): 400 (approximate)
- Total number of staff on campus (Fall 2021): 200 (approximate)
- Total number of students taking at least one class on campus (Fall 2021): 3000 (approximate), note this number will change up until September 15
- Total student enrollment: 8000 (approximate)
- Total number of faculty and staff: 1000 (approximate)
Note: the actual number of students, faculty and staff on campus varies by day and time.
COVID infections among faculty, staff and students
UM-Dearborn is reporting confirmed COVID-19 cases in the following categories:
- Students, faculty and staff that are working, taking classes, or participating in athletic training or competition on campus. This data is broken down in two categories:
- Students, faculty and staff that have come in close contact with others while on campus
- Students, faculty, and staff that have not had close contact with others on campus
- Students, faculty, and staff that are fully remote this semester. Please note, these numbers only reflect confirmed cases shared with the university. Only students, faculty and staff coming to campus are required to report confirmed COVID-19 cases to the university.
Data for Fall 2021
Data is updated weekly on Monday.
Data reported in past semesters
Reporting began on August 30, 2020. Classes were held fully remote during the fall 2020 semester from Wednesday, November 18, 2020-Monday, December 14, 2020 and during the winter 2021 semester from Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - Wednesday, February 24, 2021. UM-Dearborn athletics returned to training and competition beginning March 1, 2021.
COVID infection cases among staff and students at the Early Childhood Education Center
The Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) is a unit of the College of Education, Health, and Human Services. The ECEC is a high quality early childhood program. The ECEC is located on Rotunda Drive, west of the Southfield Freeway, in Dearborn.
The ECEC is reporting ECEC students and staff who have confirmed positive COVID-19 cases and had close contact with others at the Center. UM-Dearborn faculty and staff with positive COVID-19 cases, without close contact at the ECEC are reported on the university tracker.
Definition of Close Contact
For COVID-19 reporting and contact tracing purposes at the ECEC, close contact is defined as any individual who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period, or who shared classroom space with such an individual, starting from 3 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 3 days prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.