Students from UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint partnered to develop this pledge, marking their shared commitment to take action to protect themselves, their families and communities.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we pledge to:
- Respect others by staying home while sick and seeking medical attention if necessary;
- Commit to wearing a face covering that covers the mouth, nose and chin while on campus;
- Practice safe social, physical distancing from others whenever possible;
- Be educated and adhere to the guidelines put forth by our university;
- Maintain good hygiene; limit the touch of eyes, mouth, and face and wash hands frequently;
- Check for symptoms before coming to campus.
We take this pledge today because:
- We want to protect ourselves, our families and our community;
- We have it within our power to save lives;
- We want others to experience our vibrant campuses sooner rather than later.
History will judge our contributions to ending this global pandemic, one of the major social challenges of our time. Together we can and will defeat COVID-19 and forge a better future for generations to come.
For Me, For You, Go Safe, Go Blue