ELPP Admission & Application Process
The ELPP is primarily designed for students transitioning to college, current college students, and adults who wish to improve their English language and academic skills in preparation for and in support of university study. This program can assist students who do not have an English language proficiency score, who have a proficiency score below academic admission requirements, or who only want to improve their English language skills.
Contact our office today at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Download and complete the ELPP application packet.
2. Send a completed application and copy of current passport to email@example.com.
3. If requesting a Language I-20 please send email request along with your application and passport to firstname.lastname@example.org You will be required to complete a financial affidavit.
(Note: When submitting original bank statements they must be mailed to our office: UMD-ELPP, 4901 Evergreen, FCN 237, Dearborn, MI 48128.)
ELPP Admission Policies
To be admitted to the ELPP, students who have not been provisionally admitted to an undergraduate program at the University of Michigan-Dearborn must meet the following criteria:
Have submitted a completed ELPP Application.
Have a need to improve proficiency in Standard American English, especially for academic purposes.
Have no history of harming or bringing potential harm to others.
- Have graduated from an approved and/or accredited secondary school or home school or have acquired a General Equivalency Diploma or have submitted a statement as to how they fit the population the ELPP serves as described in the "Program Overview" section on page one of the ELPP Application.
- Have no history of academic disciplinary offenses.
International students must also meet the following criterion:
- Be able to study legally at the ELPP (please contact the Office of International Affairs for visa and status questions: email@example.com )
ELPP Tuition & Fees
All students will be charged the university's registration, technology, and new student fee.
- Standard ELPP English courses cost $299 per contact hour. Tuition for full-time English studies cost $5,382 per semester.
- Graduate-level ELPP English courses (see course catalog for complete listing) cost $363 per contact hour.
These fees include ELPP classroom instruction, all course books, and materials.
Please note: Tuition and fees are subject to change at any time.
Special opportunities are available for select groups who may not fit the exact description above (for example, visiting scholars or international high school students enrolled in a summer course that teaches the English needed to fill out an application for a U.S. university).