The University uses an express delivery service via University Express Mail Services (UEMS) eShipGlobal to send Form I-20 or DS-2019 to admitted international students. This safe, quick, and dependable delivery service allows you to pay for, track, and receive your documents.
Register for UEMS eShipGlobal
Register and activate your account for free at UEMS eShipGlobal. You will need your:
- UMID student ID (8 digit number), if available
- Mailing address. You may request shipment either to your foreign address or to a U.S. address.
- If your requested documents will be sent to a U.S. contact address, please include the name of the person who lives at that address.
- Email address. Your umich email account information will be sent to you soon after being admitted. Please activate your account based on instructions provided.
- Phone number
- Credit card information (Visa, Mastercard or Discover cards only). The cost of this service will vary by country, ranging between $45 and $95 USD.
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) will receive notification that you have paid for your documents to be sent by express mail and this will trigger next steps.
If you are near Dearborn, arrangements can be made to pick up your immigration documents directly from OIA.
- Once logged in, click the “Receive documents from your University” option.
- Type “University of Michigan-Dearborn” in the search box, or select it from the drop down list.
- Once “University of Michigan-Dearborn” has been selected, click "Continue."
- Select the specific university department “Office of International Affairs” and then "Continue."
- Complete the shipping form, using your student ID, and select "Ship/Quote."
Note: PO Box addresses are generally not preferred by express carriers. If entering a PO Box address, be sure to provide the complete physical address where the PO Box is located in order to avoid delays or failed shipment.
- On the confirmation page, check your shipment details.
- On the same page, complete the credit card information form.
- Select "Confirm" to advance to the shipment summary page.
- UM-Dearborn will automatically be notified by UEMS eShipGlobal that you have requested your documents via express mail. You can track the shipment using the tracking number provided. You will receive:
- A notification from the OIA stating that your Form I-20 or DS-2019 has been processed.
- Email confirmation from eShipGlobal that the packet has left the university and is on the way.
- You will receive your documents in 3-5 business days from the date of mailing.
Note: Any delays or non-receipt of packets should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The OIA does not receive any shipping information once the packet is picked-up from the office.
Tips for using UEMS
- The UEMS website works best with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- Do not communicate with other shipping sites like DHL, FedEx or UPS directly. All communication will go through the UEMS eShipGlobal service.
- If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the UEMS eShipGlobal “Help” link for step by step instructions.
- If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please review their Frequently Asked Questions or e-mail email@example.com.