Future Students - Other Types of Admission

For High School Students

High School Dual Enrollment

Programs for current high school students to take courses while still in high school.

Summer Enrollment for High School Students

A program for current high school juniors and seniors to take summer courses at UM-Dearborn.

High School Graduate Guest

An opportunity for high school graduates to take undergraduate courses in the Summer II Semester (July-August) following their graduation from high school but prior to their enrollment at  another college/university in the Fall semester.

For Others

Alumni Enrichment

An opportunity for UM-Dearborn alumni to take courses at a discounted tuition rate on a pass/fail basis in fields unrelated to their major or minor.

Certificates (Undergraduate)

For students interested in completing a post-baccalaureate undergraduate certificate.


An opportunity for a student who attends another college/university to take undergraduate courses at UM-Dearborn and transfer the credit back to their home school.

Personal Enrichment

A program for students who have already earned a bachelor's degree and would like to take undergraduate courses for their own interest or as pre-requisites for a graduate program.

Prospective Degree

A program for students who have been out of school for a few years and don't meet the requirements for admission as a degree-seeking student.

Retired Person Scholarship Program

A program for retired people (age 60 or older) to take courses at a discounted tuition rate.

Return to Learn

For adult learners looking to complete a bachelor's degree.

Returning Students

Information for students who have previously attended UM-Dearborn as a degree-seeking student but did not complete their degree.

Shifting Gears

Auto Workers from the Metro Detroit area have the opportunity to return or begin a university experience.  UM-Dearborn has developed this web resource to assist in making important decisions about obtaining a degree.

TAA (Trade Adjustment Assistance)

TAA is a federal program that assists U.S. workers who have lost their jobs as a result of foreign trade.  The TAA program seeks to provide these trade-affected workers with opportunities to obtain the skills, resources, and support they need to become reemployed.

After being admitted to the University, TAA students need to provide a plan of study after meeting with an academic advisor.  Plans of study are submitted along with paperwork from a Michigan Works!  Agency to Enrollment Services/Records & Registration to obtain a cost breakdown of courses.


For veterans and military members seeking to pursue their education.