University of Michigan-Dearborn 2015-16 Tuition Information
The University of Michigan-Dearborn has created this page to better help you understand the tuition rate setting process. Links are provided to the left (Tuition & Fees) that outline important questions regarding 2015-16 tuition rates, what UM-Dearborn is doing to keep tuition increases minimal and financial aid resources available to students.
Key Facts Regarding UM-Dearborn's Budgeting Process
- UM-Dearborn is committed to providing quality academic programs, maintaining one of the best faculties in the state, preserving a sound learning/working environment for faculty, staff and students and providing an affordable education for all students.
- When setting tuition rates, each of the state's public universities are unique and have different budgeting processes, needs and requirements.
- UM-Dearborn faculty and staff have worked hard to reduce costs and develop additional revenue sources such as fundraising, research funding and facility rental.
Key Facts Regarding UM-Dearborn's 2015-16 Academic Year Tuition Increase
- The 2015-16 tuition increase is 3.2 percent for in-state undergraduate and graduate tuition.
- UM-Dearborn offers various resources to help students afford a Michigan education including financial aid and scholarship opportunities. The university has increased the financial support budget by 5.3 percent for the 2015-16 academic year.
- The tuition increase equates to an approximate $181 increase, per semester, for the typical lower- division undergraduate student.