The analysis identifies the campus’ strengths and weaknesses and articulates factors influencing the landscape of higher education in our region and beyond. These data will serve to inform the various working groups efforts, upcoming university-wide fora and other campus-wide engagement opportunities.
The complete 86-page environmental analysis is linked below along with a ten-page executive summary that highlights key report findings. PDF copies are also available for the full analysis and the executive summary.
Note: you will need to use U-M Weblogin to access analysis sites and PDFs. Enter your @umich email address at the Google login prompt.
The creation of the Situational Analysis was an evolutionary process. Below are the teams' original reports and the supporting documents that were used by the team to create the Situational Analysis and Summary. They are the initial drafts and are not meant to be a final product but rather illustrate the evolution of the final reports.
Note: you will need to use U-M Weblogin to access this supplementary material. Enter your @umich email address at the Google login prompt.
External Environmental Factors
Internal Environmental Factors
Thank you to the environmental analysis and Vision 2020 review groups for their work on the report:
Chair: Becky Chadwick, Executive Director, Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Vision 2020 Review Working Group
- Joy Beatty, COB
- Marc Brigolin, Business Affairs
- Barbara Klein, COB
- Ann Lampkin-Williams, CEHHS
- Kevin McAlpine, Institutional Advancement
- Mitch Sollenberger, Provost Office
- Tom Wolsek, student
Environmental Scanning Working Group
- Rima Berry-Hung, Business Affairs
- Cheryl Donohoe, Institutional Advancement
- Amy Finley, Student Life
- Carol Glick, Business Affairs
- Noel Hornbacher, Business Affairs
- Beth Marmarelli, External Relations
- Dan Merian, Institutional Research & Effectiveness
- Michael Kamen, COB
- Ghassan Kridli, CECS
- Mike Latvis, External Relations
- Maureen Linker, Mardigian Library
- Deb Peffer, Enrollment Management
- Carrie Shumaker, ITS
- Dale Thompson, CASL
- Trista Wdziekonski, Graduate Studies