The University of Michigan-Dearborn salutes City Year Detroit Program participants for their service and metropolitan impact. The University of Michigan-Dearborn will award at least 2 two-year scholarships to students who successfully complete the City Year Detroit experience.
Up to $5,350 is available each year, up to two years (four semesters). This scholarship is a match scholarship and is awarded during every academic year.
- Student must provide documentation demonstrating successful completion of the City Year Detroit program.
- Student may be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree (post-baccalaureate certificates and teacher certifications are excluded.)
- Student can be a Michigan resident or a non-Michigan resident.
- Student must meet the admission requirements to the University for their respective degree program.
- If a student is eligible for more than one UM-Dearborn funded scholarship, the scholarship of greater value will be awarded. Students receiving UM-Dearborn funded scholarships may also be considered for endowed or donor scholarships. The City Year Alumni Scholarship is a UM-Dearborn funded scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient is expected to enroll on a full-time status (12 or more credits). Students enrolling at less than full-time status, but no less than half-time status (6 credits) will receive a prorated scholarship amount and will still use a full semester of scholarship eligibility.
- The Scholarship is available for up to 4 semesters (2 years).
To be considered for a City Year Alumni Scholarship, please provide City Year documentation (signed City Year Certificate of Graduation) to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.