The Opportunity Impact Scholarship is an $8,000 (over four years) merit-based scholarship, automatically awarded to students attending high schools within certain geographic districts who are admitted to UM-Dearborn (see criteria).
Simply complete your application for admission by December 15 of your senior year for priority consideration. Shortly after admission, we will notify you of your scholarship eligibility.
Impact Victor Scholarships are full-tuition scholarships (valued at ~$54,000 over four years). Opportunity Impact Scholarship recipients who are admitted by January 15, 2019, will be invited to compete for one of the 25 full-tuition Impact Victor Scholarships.
Requirements and Details:
- Students must be admitted with a GPA of 3.0 (or higher) and admissible SAT or ACT score
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid annually at www.fafsa.gov.
- Students currently enrolled in a Michigan public high school within a school district with an economic disadvantaged status of 65% or greater as recognized by the State of Michigan (details on www.michigan.gov/cepi).
- Students enrolled in a Michigan charter school are also eligible if: A) their school is located geographically with an eligible district, or B) their school meets the 65% or greater economically disadvantaged threshold independently.
- Student awarded a Metropolitan, Dean’s, or Maize Scholarship who attends an Opportunity Impact-eligible school may be eligible to participate in the Impact Victor Scholarship selection event.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, or Mexican citizen.
Prior year scholarship recipients should refer to their scholarship contract to verify the specifics of their terms and conditions of award.
The Opportunity Impact Scholars Program is a learning community for the highest achieving students from the state's most economically disadvantaged high schools. Opportunity Impact Scholars are devoted to academic excellence, campus engagement, and metropolitan impact. Opportunity Impat Scholars embody perseverance, achievement and engagement.