Important links to registration websites.
Web Registration Availability
Web Registration will be available 6:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. (approximately 17 hours per day) during scheduled registration days, see the "Registration Timetable" section. The system may not be available some weekends due to routine system work or upgrades. Students are eligible to use the system to register beginning on the date listed in the registration timetable or anytime thereafter while Web Registration is available. The system will not accept a student's registration prior to their assigned date. The system automatically checks the date and will not allow you to register earlier.
Web Registration Instructions
The registration process is easy if you are properly prepared. In order to log in to the secure area within UM-Dearborn Connect, you will be asked to enter your unique name and your Kerberos password. You will be given a list of options and will be guided through the registration process. If you enter any incorrect data, the system alerts you to the error and prompts you for the correct information.
- Go to the UM-Dearborn Connect website.
- Click on Enter Secure Area.
- In the User ID field, enter your uniqname with no dashes or spaces
- In the Password field, enter your password.
- Click the Login button.
The first time you access the system or if policies change you will be asked to agree to the Terms of Usage.
- Read and understand the Terms of Usage. If you agree to the terms of usage, click the Continue button.
- Select Student Services from the menu.
- Select Registration from the menu.
- Click on Register for Classes.
The Find Classes tab is broken up into three sections. The top half of the screen is dedicated to entering search criteria to find classes. The bottom left portion of the screen displays a student’s schedule in a grid format and the bottom right displays a student’s schedule in a list format.
The Enter CRNs tab is used to enter CRNs directly. The Add Another CRN option can be used to add multiple CRNs at one time.
The Schedule and Options tab displays a student’s schedule and credit hour information. The email icons allows students to email their schedules to themselves and others and download an .ics calendar file.
- Click the Submit button.
If after reading this information you experience problems with the system or need assistance, please call the Office of the Registrar at 313-583-6500.
For courses that would require a paper form in the past (i.e. independent study, directed study, masters projects, masters thesis):
- Once an agreement has been worked out with the instructor, it is the student's responsibility to initiate the process. [CECS and COB students should work directly with the Undergraduate (UG)/Graduate (GR) advising office or grad program coordinator.]
- The student should start with the appropriate form:
NOTE: Forms must be downloaded and saved before completing.
- The student should complete the student section of the form and forward it to the faculty collaborator. [CECS and COB students should work directly with the UG/GR advising office or grad program coordinator.]
- The advising office or grad program coordinator will contact the student and provide the CRN.
- The student will be able to register for the individualized course in Banner, using the CRN and electronic override.
For courses that would require a paper Add & Drop form in the past (including co-op):
If the instructor’s permission is required and granted, the permission can be granted via email to UMDRegistration@umich.edu from the instructor’s @umich email address.
Select the courses you need to take and block off break times, work schedule, extracurricular activities, or family obligations. Schedule Planner will generate potential class schedules to fit your needs. Schedule Planner simplifies the registration process and helps you find classes that fit around your busy schedule.