University of Michigan-Dearborn 2021-22 Tuition Information
The University of Michigan-Dearborn has created this page to better help you understand the tuition rate setting process. The information below and other pages in this section outline important questions regarding 2021-22 tuition rates, what UM-Dearborn is doing to contain costs and support financial aid resources available to students.
Key Facts Regarding UM-Dearborn's Budgeting Process
- UM-Dearborn is committed to providing quality academic programs, maintaining one of the best faculties in the state, preserving a sound learning/working environment for faculty, staff and students and providing an affordable education for all students.
- When setting tuition rates, each of the state's public universities is unique and has different budgeting processes, needs, and requirements.
- UM-Dearborn faculty and staff have worked hard to reduce costs and develop additional revenue sources such as fundraising, research funding, and facility rental.
Key Facts Regarding UM-Dearborn's 2021-22 Academic Year Tuition Increase
- The 2021-22 tuition increase is 1.9 percent ($264 annually) for full-time, in-state, undergraduate students. This equates to $13,816, per year, based on 15 credit hours per semester. That is $264 more annually than this year’s costs.
- The 2021-22 tuition increase is 1.9 percent tuition increase for out-of-state undergraduate students that will increase tuition and fees to $28,048, or about $528 more than last year, for full-time lower-division rate.
- Tuition and fees will increase for graduate students by 1.9 percent, or about $180 annually, for in-state students, or $336 annually, for out-of-state students, for the typical part-time (6 credit hours per term) graduate rate.
- This year both undergraduate and graduate students will not see an increase to the per semester registration assessment. Last year the fee was reduced to $200 from $400 per semester.
- How much tuition a student actually pays each academic year may vary due to the amount of financial aid they receive. The exact amount of tuition also may vary due to the college or program in which the student enrolls and/or due to the student’s current class standing.
There are no events at this time.