Managing your Student Organization
Student organizations play a major role in our active and vibrant campus community. The Office of Student Life is here to ensure that our 150+ student organizations have the support they need to operate at the highest level.
Office of Student Life Policies
Policies may be updated and/or changed without notice. Please refer to this page for current policies.
Listed below are the University Policies most reference by student organizations. View a full list of general campus policies.
Finances and Funding
The Office of Student Life is here to support student organizations in their organizational and financial endeavors.
For student organizations at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, all financial transactions will be made through EMSL Business Support in conjunction with financial services policies and procedures. For assistance, contact Marvelena James, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting 2136 UC.
The primary purpose of this service is to:
- Assist and educate officers about their financial responsibilities and maintaining records
- Insure the accuracy of comprehensive financial records
- Facilitate continuity between financial officers and their successors
- Provide the means for recognized organizations to use University facilities and services
- Maintain and uphold fiduciary guidelines as custodians of student organization funds