Important links to registration websites.
Walk-in Registration is available Monday & Thursday 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Although we encourage students to use the Web Registration system, some courses require written permission and must be elected in person. Walk-in Registration is held at the Enrollment Services counter, 1169 University Center (UC).
Students will not be allowed to register prior to their appointed day as shown on the "Registration Timetable." If a student misses his/her appointment, he/she will be able to register anytime thereafter during scheduled registration times.
To register, students must fill out a Registration, Add/Drop Form (approved and signed by an advisor if required by the student’s academic unit). Forms are available at the academic unit in which the student is enrolled or at the Enrollment Services counter.
Upon registering, if you notice an error on your registration confirmation slip, have it corrected immediately. If you wish to change your schedule afterward, you must do so during the scheduled registration times or you must wait until the drop/add period. If after registering you decide not to attend this term, you must withdraw from the term.
The Web Registration system simplifies information transmission and retrieval through the use of the Internet.
Web Registration Availability
Web Registration will be available 6:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. (approximately 17 hours per day) during scheduled registration days, see the "Registration Timetable" section. The system may not be available some weekends due to routine system work or upgrades. Students are eligible to use the system to register beginning on the date listed in the registration timetable or anytime thereafter while Web Registration is available. The system will not accept a student's registration prior to their assigned date. The system automatically checks the date and will not allow you to register earlier.
Web Registration Instructions
The registration process is easy if you are properly prepared. In order to log in to the secure area within UM-Dearborn Connect, you will be asked to enter your Student ID number and your PIN. You will be given a list of options and will be guided through the registration process. If you enter any invalid data, the system alerts you to the error and prompts you for the correct information.
- Go to the UM-Dearborn Connect website.
- Click on Enter Secure Area.
- In the User ID field, enter your 8-digit UMID with no dashes or spaces
- In the PIN field, enter your personal identification number (PIN).
PINs are assigned as a random alphanumeric code. Newly admitted students receive their PIN via a letter mailed to their address on record. Please keep your PIN in a secure location.
- Click the Login button.
The first time you access the system you will be asked to enter a security question and answer.
- Enter a security question and answer.
This is for added security if you forget your PIN. Use a question and answer that you will remember but cannot be identified by others.
- Click the Submit button.
The first time you access the system or if policies change you will be asked to agree to the Terms of Usage.
- Read and understand the Terms of Usage. If you agree to the terms of usage, click the Continue button.
- Select Student from the menu.
- Select Registration from the menu.
- Select Add or Drop Classes from the menu, if you know the Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) for your classes. (If not, you may select Look Up Classes from the menu.)
- In the Select a Term, drop down menu, choose the term for which you are registering.
- Click the Submit button.
- In the Add Classes Worksheet area of the page, enter the CRNs for your classes
- Click the Submit Changes button.
- Scroll down and make sure all the classes you chose are listed and the registration status is "Registered". If your schedule indicates registration errors view errors and make adjustments as needed.
- Select Return To Menu on the top, right of the screen.
- You may select Week at a Glance or Student Detail Schedule and print a copy for your records.
Please select the format you prefer.
Print Account Summary
- Select Return To Menu on the top, right of the screen. You may need to do this twice to return to the Student & Financial Aid menu.
- Select Student Account from the menu.
- Select Account Summary by Term from the menu and print a copy for your records.
- When you are finished using the UM-Dearborn Connect system, select Exit on the top right of the screen to logout.
When you register for classes on the web you will be working in the "live" area of the student system and will be registered when you complete the process. You may print your schedule from the system. You will not be mailed an additional confirmation of your course registration; however, you may at any time request a copy, in person, of your schedule from the Enrollment Services/Registration and Records. Please view and print a copy of your tuition assessment for your records. A bill will not be mailed prior to the tuition due date!
If after reading this information you experience problems with the system or need assistance, please telephone Enrollment Services at 313-583-6500.
Select the courses you need to take and block off break times, work schedule, extracurricular activities, or family obligations. Schedule Planner will generate potential class schedules to fit your needs.