Sponsored Students Terms and Conditions
Students whose tuition and fees are to be paid by an employer, agency, or other sponsor, must have authorization on file with the Student Accounts office. Vouchers are posted onto student accounts the week of the 100% tuition and fees deadline. Qualifying credit balances can be refunded after the drop/add registration period.
A voucher is a customized authorization form created by the student's third-party contact, stating a financial guarantee that student account charges will be paid based upon the authorizer's criteria. A voucher can be submitted to Student Accounts via the drop box outside of the University Center building or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are receiving other forms of tuition assistance, it is important that you include the voucher information to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships so that it is calculated in your financial aid package.
- Please be aware late payment fees may not be waived for vouchers submitted after the term has ended.
VA Students (Summer Term Only)
Using Michigan Education Trust (MET)
The Michigan Education Trust (MET) differs from Michigan Education Savings Plan (MESP) and other 529 savings plans. MET allows families to buy credits to pay for public colleges and universities. MET is Michigan’s guaranteed tuition program to pre-purchase undergraduate tuition and mandatory fee expenses.
- Student Accounts administers the MET Program at the University of Michigan-Dearborn
- If you have a MET contract, you will need to complete and submit Form 3181 Notice to Use MET Benefits or go online to activate MET.
- Students must notify MET of their intent to attend University of Michigan-Dearborn prior to the beginning of their first term of attendance.
- MET will record the college, semester and year for the student enrolled.
- A roster will be sent to the college each semester to allow the invoicing of tuition and mandatory fees as long as the student is eligible for MET benefits.
- MET will not pay for lab fees or course fees.
- No additional requests to use MET funds are required (unless there is a change).
- If you have financial aid, scholarships or grants and would like MET to cover your entire tuition and receive a refund, please send an email to email@example.com so your request can be processed.
- Call MET at 800-638-4543 for assistance on Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Using Michigan Education Savings Program (MESP) and Other 529 Plans
MESP and standard 529 Plans allow flexibility in the use of the funds and are more like savings plans. If a student does not attend a Michigan public school, the student is eligible for a refund of the investment.
- MESP and other 529 Plans are administered by Student Accounts.
- MESP is a savings plan that grows from regular contributions and investment growth. For additional information about MESP, call 877-861-6377 or access the website at www.misaves.com.
- Whether you have a MESP or another 529 account, you must contact the investment firm when you are ready to use the fund for educational and related expenses.
- The distribution from the investment firm can be sent directly to or submitted to Student Accounts.
- The check should be in the amount the student owes for tuition and fees or the remaining balance in the savings plan. If the student's eStatement or student account balance is not available, this information can be obtained at myaccount.umd.umich.edu
- The funds must arrive on or before the 100% tuition & fees due date to avoid late fees.
- MESP or the investment firm must be contacted each time a distribution is needed for educational or related expenses.