Pursue your passion or explore new interests and ideas.
Learn to lead. Learn to listen. We’re home to more than 145 student organizations, each one an opportunity to collaborate and connect.
UM-Dearborn sponsors several groups, from Student Government to Lyceum, our literary magazine. Join one of our 15 Greek organizations or the Society of Women Engineers. Share your culture through an organization for international students. Promote sustainability with ECO. There's an option for everyone!
Finding Your Place at UM-Dearborn
Students have established dozens of groups that run the gamut from the athletically inclined to the politically active. If you don’t find the one that’s right for you, you can always start your own.
University Sponsored Organizations (USOs)
University-Sponsored Organizations are student organizations, which have a close relationship with the University and the Office for Student Engagement and are responsible for providing programming for the entire campus community.
These organizations receive funding from the OSE through the Student Activity Fee, which all UM-Dearborn students pay as a part of tuition and fees.
USOs are open to all students, serve the broad campus community, receive office space in the University Center (UC) and have an advisor assigned to them.
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
Registered Student Organizations are organizations who have completed all expectations and documentation required through the Annual Registration Process.
Upon completion of the Annual Registration Process, student organizations are considered active and have access to all privileges of Registered Student Organizations.
Establishing a New Student Organization
Email the Office for Student Engagement to setup a meeting with a Coordinator to learn more about the process and requirements!
General Requirements for New Student Organizations:
- Unique purpose and mission that does not duplicate those of an existing student organization or campus department.
- At least seven interested students who are currently enrolled with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- President may not be the president of another student organization, either USO or RSO.
- Treasurer may not be the treasurer/authorized signer for another organization, either USO or RSO.
- Demonstrated benefit to the members, campus, and/or wider community.
New student organization proposals include:
- Constitution - Must include University anti-discrimination clause (click here for exact language). Click here to download a checklist to prepare your constitution before submitting it.
- Membership Roster, including full-time faculty or full-time staff member of UM-Dearborn must serve as advisor.
- Participate in New Organization Training
Proposals are submitted via VictorsLink. Incomplete proposals will not be reviewed. The Link will only be accessible August 1 - May 31
New student organization proposals may be submitted August 1 - May 31. After your proposal has been reviewed, you will be contacted by a member of the Office for Student Engagement team later that month to discuss next steps including scheduling new organization training.
Have a question about student organizations? Contact the Office for Student Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.