- Ph.D., University of California-Irvine
- M.E., Nanyang Technological University
- B.E., Xi-an Jiaotong University
- H. Li, Q. Chen, H. Zhu, D. Ma, H. Wen, and X. Shen. Privacy leakage via de-anonymization and aggregation in heterogeneous social networks. IEEE Trans. on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC). Vol. 17, Issu. 2, pp. 350-362, March/April 2020
- Y. Zhu, R. Yu, and D. Ma. Cryptographic Attribute-based Access Control (ABAC) for Secure Decision-Making of Dynamic Policy with Multi-Authority Attribute Tokens. IEEE Trans. on Reliability. Vol 68, Issu. 4, Dec. 2019
- A. Nasser, D. Ma, and W. Gumise. Accelerated Secure Boot for Realtime Embedded Safety Systems. SAE International Journal of Transportation Cybersecurity and Privacy, Vol 2(1), pp. 35-48, Jul. 2019
- H. Li, D. Ma, B. Medjahed, Y. S. Kim, and P. Mitra. "Analyzing and Preventing Data Privacy Leakage in Connected Vehicle Services," SAE International Journal of Advances & Current Practices in Mobility, Vol 1(3), pp. 1035-1045, Apr. 2019
- H. Li, H. Zhu, and D. Ma. Demographic information inference through meta-data analysis of Wi-Fi traffic, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing (TMC), Vol. 17, Issu. 5, pp. 1033-1047, May. 2018.
- H. Li, Z. Xu, H. Zhu, D. Ma, S. Li, and K. Xing, Demographics inference through Wi-Fi network traffic analysis, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2016), April 10-15 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- H. Li, D. Ma, N. Saxena, B. Shrestha, and Yan Zhu. Tap-Wave-Rub: Lightweight Malware Prevention for Smartphones using Intuitive Human Gestures. IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), pp. 2270-2283, Vol 10, Issu 11, May. 2015.
- Y. Zhu, X. Wang, D. Ma, R. Guo. Identity-set-based broadcast encryption supporting cut-or-select with short ciphertext. 10th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (AsiaCCS), Singapore, Apr. 2015
- Bingsheng Zhang, Qin Zhan, Si Chen, Muyuan Li, Kui Ren, Cong Wang and Di Ma. PriWhisper: Enabling Keyless Secure Acoustic Communication for Smartphones. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol. Issu. 99, pp. 1–13, January 2014.
- Tzipora Halevi, Haoyu Li, Di Ma, Nitesh Saxena, Jonathan Voris, and Tuo Xiang, Context-Aware Defenses to RFID Unauthorized Reading and Relay Attacks. IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC), Vol. 1, Issu. 2, pp. 307–318, December 2013.
- Yan Zhu, Gail-Joon Ahn, Hongxin Hu, Di Ma, and Shanbiao Wang, Role-based cryptosystem: A new cryptographic RBAC system based on role-key hierarchy. IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), Vol. 8, Issu. 12, pp. 2138-2153, December 2013.
- Di Ma, Nitesh Saxena, Tuo Xiang, and Yan Zhu, Location-aware and safer cards: enhancing RFID security and privacy via location sensing. IEEE Trans. on Distributed and Secure Computing (TDSC), Vol. 10, Issu. 2, pp 57-69, March-April 2013.
- H. Li, D. Ma, N. Saxena, B. Shrestha, and Y. Zhu. Tap-Wave-Rub: Lightweight Malware Prevention for Smartphones using Intuitive Human Gestures. ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security (WiSec). Budapest, Hungary. April 2013
- Roberto Di Pietro, Di Ma, Claudio Soriente and Gene Tsudik, Self-healing in unattended wireless sensor networks. ACM Tran. On Sensor Networks (ToSN), vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 7:1--7:21, Nov. 2012
- T. Halevi, D. Ma, N. Saxena and T. Xiang*. Secure Proximity Detection for NFC Devices based on Ambient Sensor Data. European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS), Sept. 2012
- 2018 Trevor O. Jones Outstanding Paper Award from SAE
- 2017 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Grant
- 2017 CECS Faculty Excellence Award for Research
- 2017 MTC Research Grant
- 2016 Ford Research Grant
- 2015 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Grant
- 2014 NSF Grant (Grant#: DGE-1419280)
- 2013 NSF Grant (Grant#: IIP-1342107)
- 2011 NSF Grant (Grant#: CNS-1153573)
- 2011 Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship (SFFP), sponsored by Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- 2009 NSF-TRUST Fellowship, sponsored by NSF
- 2009 Graduate Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship, Graduate Division, UC Irvine
- 2004 Tan Kah Kee Young Inventor's Award, Silver Medal, Tan Kah Kee Foundation
Associate Professor, Computer and Information Science; Interim Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Research
Biography and Education
The Cybersecurity Center for Education, Research, and Outreach (CCERO) was established in 2016 to integrate university wide existing activities and initiatives in cybersecurity research, education, and outreach.
Teaching and Research
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 4 years 6 months