- H. Li, Q. Chen, H. Zhu, D. Ma, H. Wen, and X. Shen. Privacy leakage via de-anonymization and aggregation in heterogeneous social networks. IEEE Trans. on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC). Vol. PP, Iss. 99, Sept. 2019.
- H. Li*, H. Zhu, and D. Ma. Demographic information inference through meta-data analysis of Wi-Fi traffic, Vol. PP, Iss. 99, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing (TMC). Sept. 2017.
- J. Liu, D. Ma, A. Weimerskirch, and H. Zhu. Secure and Safe Automated Vehicle Platooning, IEEE Reliability , Aug. 2016.
- H. Li, Z. Xu, H. Zhu, D. Ma, S. Li, and K. Xing, Demographics inference through Wi-Fi network traffic analysis, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2016), April 10-15 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- J. Liu, J. Guo, and D. Ma, Traffic aware virtual machine packing in cloud data centers, 2nd IEEE International Conference on High Performance and Smart Computing (HPSC 2016), April 9-10th, 2016, New York City, USA.
- H. Li, D. Ma, N. Saxena, B. Shrestha, and Yan Zhu. Tap-Wave-Rub: Lightweight Malware Prevention for Smartphones using Intuitive Human Gestures. IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), pp. 2270-2283, Vol 10, Issu 11, May. 2015.
- Kui Ren, Qian Wang, Di Ma, and Xiaohua Jia, Securing emerging short range wireless communications: the state of the art. IEEE Wireless Communications. pp. 153-159, Vol 21, Issu. 6, December 2014.
- Yan Zhu, Di Ma, Changjun Hu, Gail-Joon Ahn, and Hongxin Hu, Secure and efficient random functions with variable-length output. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. Vol 45, pp. 121-133, Oct. 2014.
- Bingsheng Zhang, Qin Zhan, Si Chen, Muyuan Li, Kui Ren, Cong Wang and Di Ma, PriWhisper: Enabling Keyless Secure Acoustic Communication for Smartphones. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol. Issu. 99, pp. 1–13, January 2014.
- Tzipora Halevi, Haoyu Li, Di Ma, Nitesh Saxena, Jonathan Voris, and Tuo Xiang, Context-Aware Defenses to RFID Unauthorized Reading and Relay Attacks. IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC), Vol. 1, Issu. 2, pp. 307–318, December 2013.
- Yan Zhu, Gail-Joon Ahn, Hongxin Hu, Di Ma, and Shanbiao Wang, Role-based cryptosystem: A new cryptographic RBAC system based on role-key hierarchy. IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), Vol. 8, Issu. 12, pp. 2138-2153, December 2013.
- Di Ma, Nitesh Saxena, Tuo Xiang, and Yan Zhu, Location-aware and safer cards: enhancing RFID security and privacy via location sensing. IEEE Trans. on Distributed and Secure Computing (TDSC), Vol. 10, Issu. 2, pp 57-69, March-April 2013.
- Yan Zhu, Shanbiao Wang, Hongxin Hu, Gail-Joon Ahn, and Di Ma, Secure collaborative integrity verification for hybrid cloud environments . International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (IJCIS), Vol. 21, No. 3, pp 165-197, 2012.
- Roberto Di Pietro, Di Ma, Claudio Soriente and Gene Tsudik, Self-healing in unattended wireless sensor networks. ACM Tran. On Sensor Networks (ToSN), vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 7:1--7:21, Nov. 2012.
- Di Ma and Nitesh Saxena, A context-aware approach to defend against unauthorized reading and relay attacks in RFID systems. Security and Communication Networks (2011). DOI: 10.1002/sec.404
- 2018 Trevor O. Jones Outstanding Paper Award from SAE
- 2017 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Grant
- 2017 Faculty Excellence Award for Research, College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Michigan - Dearborn
- 2017 MTC Research Grant
- 2016 Ford Research Grant
- 2015 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Grant
- 2014 NSF Grant (Grant#: DGE-1419280)
- 2013 NSF Grant (Grant#: IIP-1342107)
- 2011 NSF Grant (Grant#: CNS-1153573)
- 2011 Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship (SFFP), sponsored by Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- 2009 NSF-TRUST Fellowship, sponsored by NSF
- 2009 Graduate Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship, Graduate Division, UC Irvine
- 2004 Tan Kah Kee Young Inventor's Award, Silver Medal, Tan Kah Kee Foundation
Biography and Education
The Cybersecurity Center for Education, Research, and Outreach (CCERO) was established in 2016 to integrate university wide existing activities and initiatives in cybersecurity research, education, and outreach.
Ph.D., University of California-Irvine
M.E., Nanyang Technological University
B.E., Xi-an Jiaotong University
Teaching and Research
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 3 years 4 months