- Ph.D., University of Montreal
- M.Sc., INRETS-Paris (France) and University of Tunis (Tunisia)
- B.Sc., University of Tunis
- C. Abid, M. Kessentini and S. Molaei. "Predicting Quality of Services Using Code Metrics." IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 2019 (accepted).
- V. Alizadeh, M. Kessentini, W. Mkaouer, A. Ouni, and Y. Cai. "An Interactive and Dynamic Search-Based Approach to Software Refactoring Recommendations." IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 2018 (accepted).
- A. Ouni, H. Wang, M. Kessentini, S. Bouktif, K. Inoue. "A Hybrid Approach for Improving the Design Quality of Web Service Interfaces." ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 19(1): 4:1-4:24 (2018).
- F. Sarro, M. Kessentini, K. Deb. "Search-Based Software Engineering." IEEE Trans. Evolutionary Computation, 22(3): 333-343 (2018).
- Paul W. McBurney, Siyuan Jiang, Marouane Kessentini, Nicholas A. Kraft, Ameer Armaly, Mohamed Wiem Mkaouer, Collin McMillan. "Towards Prioritizing Documentation Effort." IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 44(9):897-913, 2018.
- Vahid Alizadeh, Marouane Kessentini. "Reducing interactive refactoring effort via clustering-based multi-objective search." In Proceedings of the 33rd ACM/IEEE International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), pp. 464-474, 2018
- Martin Fleck, Javier Troya, Marouane Kessentini, Manuel Wimmer and Bader Alkhazi. “Model Transformation Modularization as a Many-Objective Opti- mization Problem.” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 43(11):1009-1032, 2017.
- Ali Ouni, Marouane Kessentini, Katsuro Inoue, and Mel Cinnide. “Search-Based Web Services Anti-patterns Detection.” IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 10(4):603-617, 2017 (Journal First Award).
- Hanzhang Wang, Marouane Kessentini, and Ali Ouni. “Interactive Refactoring of Web Service Interfaces Using Computational Search.” IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC), To Appear, 2017.
- Hanzhang Wang, and Marouane Kessentini. Improving Web Services Design Quality Using Dimensionality Reduction Techniques. In Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC), pp. 499-507, 2017 (acceptance rate : 17% )
- Ouni Ali, Marouane Kessentini, Houari Sahraoui and Katsuro Inoue. “Multi-Criteria Software Refactoring: An Industrial Case Study.” ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM), 25(3): 23:1-23:53, 2016.
- R. Almahana, W. Mkaouer, M. Kessentiniand A. Ouni. Multi-Objective Recommendations of Classes for Bug Reports. In Proc. of 31st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), pp. 286-295, 2016.
- Mkaouer Wiem, Marouane Kessentini, Adnan Shaout, Slim Bechikh, Kalyanmoy Deb, and Ali Ouni. “Many-Objective Software Remodularization using NSGA-III.” ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM), Vol 24, no. 3, pp 17-52, 2015 (Journal First Award).
- Sahin Dilan, Marouane Kessentini, Slim Bechikh, and Kalyanmoy Deb. “Code- Smell Detection as a Bilevel Problem.” ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM), Vol 24, No. 1, pp. 1-45, 2014.
- Wael Kessentini, Marouane Kessentini, Houari Sahraoui, Slim Bechikh, and Ali Ouni. “A Cooperative Parallel Search-Based Software Engineering Approach for Code-Smells Detection.” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), Vol 40, Issue 9, pp 841-861, 2014.
- 2019 Distinguished Tunisian Diaspora Research Award
- 2019 Beit al-Hikma Distinguished Early Career Research Award
- 2018 NSF Research Grant (Award #1835747)
- 2018 Best Paper Award, 9th Brazilian Workshop on Search-Based Software Engineering
- 2018 Tunisia's Presidential Distinguished Researcher Award, Tunisian President Office & Tunisian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- 2018 Faculty Excellence in Research Award, CECS, University of Michigan - Dearborn
- 2018 Distinguished Digital Educational Award, University of Michigan - Dearborn
- 2017 Two Journal First Awards, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE)
- 2017 Two Journal First Awards, Empirical Software Engineering Journal (EMSE)
- 2017 Sema Inc. Research Grant
- 2017 NRF-Singapore Research Grant
- 2016 Journal First Award, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC)
- 2016 NSF Grants (Grant#s: IIP-1661422, CBET-1643479, CCF-1649468)
- 2016 Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Michigan - Dearborn
- 2015 Ford Research Grant
- 2015 Journal First Award, ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodologies
- 2014 NSF Grant (Grant#: CCF-1446952)
- 2010 Best Paper Awards including TOSEM'10, CASCON'10, MPM'10, and BMFA'10
- 2008-2014 Best Paper Runner-Ups including GEOCO'14, MODELS'08, ASE'10, and BMFA'10
- 2012 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award
Associate Professor, Computer and Information Science
Biography and Education
Teaching and Research
Awards and Recognition
- Member for
- 4 years 9 months